Monday 2 May 2011

Sailing and Snorkeling!

Our tour guides ran into our room screaming excitedly in an effort to wake us up for our 7:30 am departure from the island. Although I was a little sad to leave the beautiful island I was confident that whatever activities were happening next would be equally amazing. Everyone climbed onto the large sail boat that we would be spending the rest of the day on and we took off along the crystal water. The weather was flawless of course, another beautiful day.

After cruising along for a little we stopped and the tour guides began to hand out snorkeling gear! Everyone dressed up in stinger suits and goggles and jumped off the boats edge and into the ocean water. Although this was not the main barrier reef, the sites were still incredible. Such beautiful coral and colorful fish. I specifically remember learning about the reefs of Australia in elementary school and hoping to one day visit. Looking back, it is still hard to believe that I was actually there swimming around right above it. I'm sure my love for swimming contributed greatly to this experience but regardless it was unbelievable. It is incredible to me that an entire other world exists below the one that we live in.

Once everyone finished up swimming around we climbed back onto the boat and sailed away. The rest of the afternoon was filled with boating around including some stops and opportunities to jump into the water. It was another pretty relaxing day which I took full advantage of because I had the feeling there was a lot more excitement to come soon...





 

No comments:

Post a Comment